Sunday, October 26, 2008

PHAIZ Chicago



Ok so I finally went inside that place Phaiz down the street from my work at Woman Made gallery. I always walk by it and never actually went in thought it was always an alluring installation inside. The show they have up right now is interesting and Industry of the Ordinary is in it. The installation is really clean and great I really enjoyed the space.

One thing bothered me a little however. I'll take fault for taping my coffee on one of the display tables, I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing. But one of the women whispered to another younger girl to tell me to please not touch the exhibitions. Fine I was at fault. However what I found rude , apart from the whisper in front of me, was that the older woman went and checked the sign in and book area I had just been at (I'm assuming to see what I messed up if anything) right after she whispered and that after I was told to please not touch the Exhibition the girl stared at me the rest of the time I was in there. Now I have been on the gallerist side of art long enough to know that it is rude to right on stare at someone who is looking at work. I hate being stared at specially within five feet of distance. I left there shortly I wanted some pins and one of Adam's prints but I felt weird afterwards. I just wanted to say... but ill get over it.

Regardless I encourage everyone to check the show and space out. Its actually very intriguing and well executed. I was going to go the opening since I knew Industry of the ordinary was involved and dear friend and coworker Meegan Ross is friends with one of the other artist( not sure which one). Heres the address link and card for the show. Laters.

I think the photo for the card is brilliant, it's really a hilarious photo.


673 North Milwaukee Ave Hours:
Chicago, IL 60622 Wednesday-Friday 3-8pm
312.226.9070 Saturday 1-8pm
PhaizPhaiz@gmail.com Sunday 1-5pm

No comments: