Wednesday, May 14, 2008

R.I.P Robert Rauschenberg




May you rest in peace Mr. Rauschenberg. For those who haven't heard Robert Rauschenberg has passed away this week. He made large contributions to modern day art practice and more so modern day art school practice. I've never been too fond of the work t he original master of the everything look did, but I can appreciate and consider it. I actually enjoyed some of his screen print paintings. I've attached some of the work I liked most of his. It's always strange when a famous artist passes, I always feel like sometimes a lot of people who aren't in art school or in the art world assume many artist are dead already if their work is in museums. I'm just ranting at this point. May he rest in peace and may his work always be remembered. Lets just hope the everything look stays in garage sales and not in art work.

R.I.P sir Rauschenberg.

Emanuel Aguilar

No comments: